Among remarkable books that help me shape my thinking and approach to Business Porcesses, Fifth Discipline, The Art and Practice of Learning Organisation, stands on top. I started studying the concepts of learning organisation prior to my affair with Chaos Theory. I was delighted to find out that certain observation about phsical phenomena are also part of The Rules and Disciplines of the Learning Organisation, in its business context. Take a look at the following, the rules which have been based on research related to Chaos Theory and finding a place in Management Science are 7 & 8:
Senge defines a learningorganization as the one that can create the results it truly desires.Through learning we are able to do something we never were able to do. Five disciplines of learning organization are:
1) Building shared vision
2) Mental models
3) Team learning
4) Personal mastery
5) Systems thinking- The Fifth Discipline that integrates the other 4.
The Laws of theFifthDiscipline:
1: Today's problems come from yesterday's "solutions."
2) The harder you push, the harder the system pushes back.
3) Behavior will grow worse before it grows better.
4) The easy way out usually leads back in.
5) The cure can be worse than the disease.
6) Faster is slower.
7) Cause and effect are not closely related in time and space.
8) Small changes can produce big results.but the areas of highest leverage are often the least obvious.
9)You can have your cake and eat it too-but not all at once.
10) Dividing an elephant in half does not produce two small elephants.
11) There is no one to blame but us.
I have created an Orkut community on Senge's Fifth Disciplne. You are invited:
Recommended readings.. - Recommended readings: * Paleo style * The new evolution diet by Art De Vany Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson *Philosophy *: The Alchemist by Paulo Coe...
6 years ago