Documents

Welcome to the Journey to Science of Complexity, Chaos Theory & Non Linear System Dynamics:

Here is to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the trouble makers the round pegs in a square hole, the ones who see things differently. They are not fond of rules and they have no respect for the status quo.You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing that you can't do is ignore them, because they change things. They push the human race forward, and while some may see them a s crazy ones, we see genius, because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who'll do it. 

Apple Computer Advertising 1997

The Unknown World-Nassim Nicholas Taleb Interview on Business Week

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Who am I?

It was 1999 when I completed my Chartered Accountancy. That day I felt I have reached the peak. It was a justifiable ecstasy as then I joined the Elite Club of just a few thousand Chartered Accountants in Pakistan. Almost a decade passed and one fine day I started to realise that the concepts, theories, principles and so on that I have learnt during my Professional Education ad Work were just nothing. All these theories etc. were nothing but a great intellectual fraud.

The Cost Accounting & Management Accounting which took most of the time to learn and master had been proven ineffective tool for Management about two decades ago by Eliyahu M. Goldratt.

And the Risk Management, Portfolio Management, Diversification, Feasibility Studies to my great surprise and horror also fell in the category of Great Intellectual Fraud (GIF) when I got my hands on Nassim Nicholas Taleb's THE BLACK SWAN.

My idea to create a blog of my own is to share the pearls of wisdom that I collect from the Smartest and Ultra Genius. The list includes:

1- Nassim Nicholas Taleb ( scholar, writer, teacher in the filed of Sciences of Uncertainty) www.fooledbyranomness.com
2- Eliyahu M. Goldratt, creator of the Theory of Constraints, and has a Doctorate in Physics www.goldratt.co.uk
3- Dr. Gerd Gigerenzer, Director of the Centre for Adaptive behaviour and Cognition at Max Planck Institute for Human Development http://ntfm.mpib-berlin.mpg.de/mpib/FMPro?-db=MPIB_Mitarbeiter.FP5&-lay=L1&-format=MPIB_Mit.htm&-op=eq&ID_Name=Gigerenzer&-find
4- Joseph Heller, the Author of Famous Catch 22.
5- Paul E. Erdman the Economist and Economic Fiction writer.
6-Malcolm Gladwell- the author of THE BLINK & THE TIPPING POINT http://www.gladwell.com/

The ideas that I keep looking for are Human Intelligence, Chaos Theory, Theory of Constraints and their application in the Fields of Management.

No comments: